Friday, February 2, 2007

Psstt...I know Secret Recipe’s secret!

A recent conversation with a friend gave me hope in Malaysian companies. Through her, I discovered a Malaysian company with 1st class customer service. It is none other than the shop with the best cheese cake in town (that’s what I think & what they claim). Secret Recipe Restaurant understands the concept of service recovery. Not only Secret Recipe understood it but they executed it flawlessly. My friend had a rude encounter with a counter staff last week. As a result, she emailed the customer service and the founder of Secret Recipe, Mr Steven of her recent experience. The following day, Karen, the operations manager of the particular store called my friend and apologized profusely for the treatment by her staff. She asked for my friend’s home address because she wanted to post some vouchers to her. Karen made the ultimate service recovery act by telling my friend that she values her patronage and asks my friend to not stop visiting Secret Recipe (the vouchers certainly did help!).

That’s Secret Recipe’s secret of success!

I must say Secret Recipe just converted my friend into a loyal customer. The best thing that came out of that experience was I’m invited to join her when she redeems the Secret Recipe vouchers. (Don't you think the power of the word of mouth is at work?)

This story by my friend reminded me of my personal bad encounter with Blooming, a Malaysian florist, few years ago. My feedback email to the founder, Mr Martin resulted in a call from him the following day with a 1st class service recovery.

Well done, Secret Recipe and Blooming Florist.

I wait for the day where I can congratulate more Malaysian companies. Bolehtak?

2 comments:

Scott McLean said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

i love cheese cakes!