Friday, September 11, 2009

General Motors boleh! Proton also boleh!

My jaw dropped when I read Dr Mahathir's recent statement. He said, "Proton would also contribute towards making Malaysia achieve developed nation status by 2020."

Even though it is not April, it certainly qualify as an April Fool's joke. I think I'm most qualified to disagree with it because I've been driving a Proton (Iswara) since 1997 and I experience the quality of the product first hand day and night.

I relate developed nation as citizens having the right to good quality of life (including quality cars) and affordable living (including fairly priced quality cars).

Anyway, I'm not gonna list my first hand encounters now because I'm more interested to suggest that Proton follows General Motors lastest campaign.

General Motors, in a bid to appeal to consumers upset about decades of poor quality and the carmaker's government bailout, is launching an unusual program: money-back guarantees.

Why should Proton do it? The rationale is both companies share 2 same traits ie. poor quality and government support.

cc. Proton management,
Can you make it as 3 same traits ie. include money back guarantee. Boleh, tak?

Btw, I'm still driving the same old Proton for the past 12 years! Not that I love it, I just can't imagine myself paying so much for a good quality car like Toyota or Volkwagen whereby my counterparts in U.S. pays USD 15,000 for a Honda Civic and I have to pay USD 32,000.

Oh I get it!! Dr. M is implying that the price of Civic will be USD 15,000 once we reach develop nation status in 2020. Yahoooooo! However, I don't see the connection between Proton and Vision 2020.



No comments: